Gluten Free Teriyaki Marinade can be hard to find in stores. There are some brands of sauces that are gluten free, but this teriyaki marinade with no gluten is so easy that there is no need to buy a store bought sauce for your gluten free diet.
Ingredients for Gluten Free Teriyaki Marinade
- 1/2 c. pineapple juice
- 1/2 c. gluten free soy sauce
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 Tbs. sesame seeds (optional)
Directions for Using Gluten Free Teriyaki Marinade
- Combine all ingredients in a dish or zip top plastic bag.
- Stir well to dissolve brown sugar.
- Submerge meat or vegetables in Gluten Free Teriyaki Marinade.
- Refrigerate for one hour to overnight.
- Discard Gluten Free Teriyaki Marinade and cook meat or vegetables as desired.
Makes one cup of Gluten Free Teriyaki Marinade.
Gluten Free Teriyaki Marinade is perfect for making Grilled Chicken Skewers (or Kabobs). Lean chicken and fresh vegetables compliment each other perfectly in this classic summer dish.
It is recommended that you wrap your Grilled Chicken Skewers with Gluten Free Teriyaki Marinade in foil before grilling. This helps them to cook evenly and distribute the flavors. If you prefer to have charred grill marks on your Grilled Chicken Skewers, skip the foil step and place them directly on the grill instead.
If you are using wooden skewers, make sure to soak them thoroughly in water before grilling to avoid burning on the grill. If you are short on time, or not needing quite as much of a presentation, try the packet grilling instructions instead.
Ingredients for Grilled Chicken Skewers with Gluten Free Teriyaki Marinade
- 3 large chicken breasts
- 1 c. Gluten Free Teriyaki Marinade
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 large onion
- 1 can chunk pineapple (drain and reserve the juice for Gluten Free Teriyaki Marinade)
- 12 wooden or metal skewers
Preparation Instructions for Grilled Chicken Skewers with Gluten Free Teriyaki Marinade
- Cut chicken into 1 inch cubes.
- Place chicken and Gluten Free Teriyaki Marinade in dish or zip top plastic bag and refrigerate for one hour to overnight.
- Slice peppers and onions into 1-2 inch pieces.
- Place marinated chicken, pineapple chunks, peppers and onions on skewers in alternating order until all skewers are filled.
Grilling Instructions for Grilled Chicken Skewers with Gluten Free Teriyaki Marinade
- Wrap loaded skewers in foil in groups of 2-4, laying flat.
- Place wrapped chicken skewers on grill and cook, rotating every 5 minutes, about 20 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
Time Saving Packet Grilling Instructions
- Omit skewers from preparation.
- Place vegetables and marinated chicken on a large sheet of foil.
- Wrap foil tightly around food and seal edges.
- Place wrapped chicken and vegetables on grill and cook, rotating every 5 minutes, about 25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
Serve Grilled Chicken Skewers with Gluten Free Teriyaki Marinade on a bed of rice for a light and satisfying meal, or as party appetizers alongside Gluten Free Porcupine Meatballs.