Disclaimer: We are using Amazon affiliate Product Advertising API. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The best way to find the best locks for sliding patio doors is by taking a look at what other people are buying and which brands they prefer. You can also take a look at the reviews and ratings of the product.
The following table provides concise information about how to pick a product from online:
- Consider what you want
- Find out what other people are buying
- Look at reviews and ratings
- Compare prices
- Beware of scams
Top 10 best locks for sliding patio doors Features Overview
Here are the of top 10 locks for sliding patio doors we picked and recommend.
1. Defender Security U 9847 Patio Sliding Door Loop Lock – Increase Home Security, Install Additional Child-Safe Security, 2-1/8” Hardened Steel B
- SECONDARY SECURITY LOCKING DEVICE – This U 9847 Patio Sliding Door Loop Lock can be used on a patio sliding door as a secondary security lock for increased home safety.
- CHILD-SAFE SECURITY DEVICE – This door loop lock can also be installed out of reach of children so they cannot open the door by themselves, providing additional child-safe door security.
- EASY INSTALLATION – Installation is quick and easy – additional security for your home or office doors are within reach! Installation fasteners are included.
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION – This door loop lock has a hardened steel locking bar with diecast constructed mounting plate and keeper, with a chrome plated finish.
- PRODUCT INFO – This locking device features a 2-1/8” reach, which is designed to secure the door to the jamb. It is also available in 1-1/8”, 1-3/16”, 1-7/16”, and 2-1/4” reaches.
2. Ideal Security Sliding Patio Door Security Bar with Child-Proof Lock, Extendable, White (25.75-47.5 Inches)
- Sliding Door Lock: This sliding door security bar with a childproof anti-lift lock acts as a visual deterrent against burglars who can see it clearly through the door
- Adjustable and Easy to Install: Made of aluminium, this sliding door lock easily slides from 25.75 to 47.5 inches and can be installed without cutting; allows the door to partially open while being secured
- Convenient Design: When not in use, the door stopper swings up and stays out of the way
- Not a Pressure-Mounted Bar: The patio door security bar and saddle are screwed into the door frame and profile, providing reliable protection, unlike pressure-mounted bars that can shake loose and fall
- Comfortable Height: This patio door lock mounts in the middle of the door, not the bottom, allowing you to open your door without bending down to reach the bar
3. Sliding Patio Door Handle Set with Key Cylinder and Mortise Lock, Full Replacement Handle Lock Set Fits Door Thickness from 1-1/2″ to 1-3/4″，3-15
- ☛【 COST EFFECTIVE TO REPLACE OLD OR BROKEN DOOR HANDLES】: When your door handle is broken, old or unsightly, don’t replace the door entirely, just get a new sliding patio door handle set! Our whole set replacement patio door handle + mortise patio door / sliding door lock with key is the most economical and useful you can find.
- ☛【INCLUDES】: Interior Handle, Exterior Pull with Key Cylinder,Mortise lock, Thumb Latch, 6XScrews. Standard reversible, non-handed handle set that can be mounted on both left-handed and right-handed sliding patio doors. 45° Mortise latch lock which can be used on sliding patio doors constructed of wood, aluminum and vinyl.The Exterior Pull has key cylinder in it and you can lock the door from outside.You don’t need to buy other components if you get our handle set.
- ☛【EASY INSTALLATION】:This is a DIY project in the box. For handles with 3-15/16” hole spacing & a Mortise (Latching style) lock. Remove 2 screws from existing handles, insert Latch, align inside and outside handles with Pre-drilled door holes, insert screws, tighten and your done. Includes 6 screws with 3 different sizes: Large 2.16″, Medium 1.96″, Small 1.57″
- ☛【KEYED】:The exterior die-cast pull comes with keyed cylinder. This handle is CONVERTIBLE WITH KEY FUNCTION.Most other handles don’t include key function.You can lock from your outside yard to give a much safety and peace mind to your home.
- ☛【REVERSIBLE DOOR HANDLE & MORTISE LOCK】:Also known as “Non-Handed”. Our handle is designed for Right or Left-Handed or the door that opens from the left or the right, YOUR CHOICE! Comes with sliding door latch replacement.
4. Master Lock 265D Door Security Bar
- Heavy duty, dual-function door security bar prevents forced entry on hinged, patio, and sliding doors; Door stopper security bar is intended for indoor use
- Door security bar design is portable and compact making it easy to store and ideal for travel, providing enhanced security in hotels or on vacation
- Adjusts from 27-1/2 inch (70cm) – 42 inch (1.1m) to fit most standard doors and sliding patio doors. Top door knob jam is easily removed for sliding door applications
- Made with heavy duty 20-gauge steel for strength and security; Pivoting ball joint ensures door security bar has full contact with floor for secure fit while padded foot provides a strong grip without scratching
- No tools required, simply adjust the bar length using the release button, prop under door knob and easily adjusted as needed
5. Burglabar 2 Pack – Great for Sliding Patio Door Lock, (Use 2 for doors), Sliding Window Lock, Sliding Basement Windows Lock, Child Safety Lock
- Door & window locks: The Burglabar is a unique self-locking hinge lock designed to offer additional home security from a patio door or sliding window. Our sliding glass door lock and window lock keeps you safe and can be used to child proof your home.
- Safety at home: Our window and door latch lock provides additional safety while you are home and keeps your home safe when you are not. The Burglabar is also a great door safety lock for kids keeping your little explorers safely inside.
- No tools needed: Our Burglabar installs quickly and easily without tools and its crystal-clear design blends in with your decor. When mounted out of reach from small children the BurglaBar keeps windows and doors shut for child safety. Read instructions to make sure that you have the space between both sliding doors for the Burglabar to fit.
- Incredible strength: Proudly made in Canada, Burglabar’s adhesive bonds like a weld for maximum strength. Each Burglabar, when properly applied, can withstand dynamic shear of 300 to 450 pounds. We recommend using 2 Burglabars for sliding doors. Please leave for 72 hours to let adhesive stick properly to the glass before using.
- Who we are: We are Rishon Enterprises Inc., the creators of The Original Addalock and the Burglabar. We have focused our time and efforts on promoting and bringing attention to safety, security and privacy for your everyday life.
6. PRIME-LINE E 2014 Mortise Lock – Adjustable, Spring-Loaded Hook Latch Projection for Sliding Patio Doors Constructed of Wood, Aluminum and Vinyl, 3
- REPLACE OLD OR BROKEN DOOR LOCKS – When your sliding door mortise lock is broken or old, don’t replace the door entirely, just get a new mortise lock!
- EASY INSTALLATION – Installation is quick and easy – working sliding door locks are well within reach. Mounting Flanges have 6-32 tapped thread
- FOR SLIDING DOORS – This Mortise Lock can be used on sliding patio doors constructed of wood, aluminum and vinyl. Also fits doors using W&F manufactured handles.
- 45 DEGREE KEYWAY – This E 2014 mortise lock has a 45-degree angled keyway position when in the locked position.
- PRODUCT INFO – The mounting hole centers of this lock measures 3-11/16” from center to center, and the rear housing corners are square. Mortise lock dimensions are: 1.125″(D)x0.5″(W)x3.688″(H)
7. Patio Sliding Door Security Foot Lock Kick Lock , Fits on Top Rail-Childproof Patio Door Guardian-or Bottom Rail-Foot Operated-Keep Your Family Saf
- ☛【Keep Aditional Safety to Your Home】: Are you worried that someone might break into your house at the middle of the night or sometime of the day when nobody is home? Well that problem is no longer an issue. With its double locking action, it is virtually impossible to remove the door by lifting it off its track. HauSun patio sliding door foot lock prevents criminals from being able to lift out sliding doors from their tracks.
- ☛【Resists Forced Entry & Two Operational Lock Postions】: Able to provide over 1000lbs of forced entry load tension.Another reason these patio door kick locks are great is because they usually have two operational positions. Notice the two channels in the lock. They allow for your patio door to be locked when it is in a closed position or slightly opened to let in the breeze. With a kick lock in the “B” position, the opening is still not wide enough for someone to force entry into your home.
- ☛【Two Installation Ways】: HauSun patio door security lock can be installed both on top or bottom rail.You can use top rail if you want to keep out of reach of children.Also, you can install it on the bottom rail with foot operated.
- ☛【Discover New Ways to Increase Children Security】: With young children in the home, you know all too well how hard it is to keep an eye on them at all times. With this childproof sliding door lock installed, you can make sure that young ones do not become tempted to open the patio sliding doors on their own and expose themselves to potential danger.
- ☛【Convenient Use & Patent Design】: HauSun Patio sliding security door lock works on vinyl, aluminum, or wood sliding doors on INSIDE tracks only. DOES NOT WORK on patio doors on outside tracks.HauSun has the patent for this kick lock.
8. Pro-Lok EPL-106-W Patio Door Lock- Keyed Lg Rectangle (White Finish)
- A keyed heavy-duty steel bolt patio door lock to prevent sliding or lifting of door
- Adjustable for ventilation or full security with key lock to secure position
- Item Package Dimension: 3.5″ L x 9.25″ W x 1.5″ H
- Item Package Weight: 0.66 lb
9. Prime-Line High Security Deadbolt Lock for Sliding Patio Doors, Dual Steel Bolts Provide Superior Protection Against Forced Entry, Doubles as Child
- This high-security patio door deadbolt lock helps prevent forced entry
- Use this safety locking hardware to keep the bad guys out and the little ones in. This security device also acts as a child-safety device when mounted out of the reach of small children, and from a distance it can easily be determined if the lock bolts are engaged or disengaged with the keeper bracket
- The lock body and keeper bracket are constructed of extruded aluminum and come in a white painted finish
- The double-action lock bolts are constructed of solid steel and penetrate 1-inch deep into the top and bottom of the keeper bracket
- Adds increased security to your home to help thwart would-be home invaders from breaching vulnerable entry points.Use of these patio door locks helps to prevent sliding panels from being lifted off their tracks from the exterior.Features a sleek, low-profile design to avoid interference with window coverings.Constructed of steel, aluminum and plastic components.Locks come in two-toned black and white color.This lock is easy to install with a few simple tools
10. Slide-Co 152704 Sliding Door Latch Lever with Washers and Push Nut, White, Diecast
- White Diecast Lever
- Repair Lever For C 1280; C 1317; C 1284; C 1289; & Other Surface Mounted Levered Handles
- Complete With Mounting Washers
- Brand Name: Slide-Co
There is a myriad of online stores out there, and it is impossible for one to compare the different locks for sliding patio doors as well as their prices since not all websites offer them. Online shoppers often turn to reviews and customer feedback for help, but even these are unreliable sources. Sometimes people post negative reviews just to be spiteful or angry.
The lack of insightful information online forces shoppers to rely on the information they find elsewhere, but this can lead to misinformation and incorrect purchase decisions.
Consumers can save themselves from these potential risks by turning to an AI-powered shopping assistant that provides tailored product suggestions based on their preferences.
But Amazon made the whole process easy and effortless.
Why You Trust Amazon?
As they grow increasingly popular, there are some challenges that people face when they try to purchase something on the internet. There are many reasons why people might not trust Amazon as much anymore:
- They worry about their personal information being stolen;
- They question the reliability of the website;
- Its security features and whether or not their credit card details will be safe
- The quality of products sold by third parties might not be as good
- There’s no instant gratification with online purchases;