Disclaimer: We are using Amazon affiliate Product Advertising API. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The best way to find the best negative rake scraper is by taking a look at what other people are buying and which brands they prefer. You can also take a look at the reviews and ratings of the product.
The following table provides concise information about how to pick a product from online:
- Consider what you want
- Find out what other people are buying
- Look at reviews and ratings
- Compare prices
- Beware of scams
Top 10 best negative rake scraper Features Overview
Here are the of top 10 negative rake scraper we picked and recommend.
1. Authentic Easy Wood Tools Ci0-NR (4400NR) Patented Negative Rake Carbide Cutter for Easy Full and Pro-Size Finishers for For Wood Turning
- Authentic Easy Wood Tools Ci0-NR Patented Negative Rake Carbide Replacement Cutter – fits Easy Wood Tools Full and Pro-Size Finishers
- Virtually Eliminates catches and chipping while turning expensive Resins, Acrylics and extreme hardwoods. Leaves Ultra-Smooth finish = LESS SANDING!
- Easy Wood Tools was the first company to offer this “game changing” design for turning Resins, Acrylics and Extreme Hardwoods
- Just like our Standard Cutters when one side of the cutter gets dull, simply turn it to a new side and continue turning. When all sides are used, you just replace the cutter. You’ll devote more time to turning instead of wasting hours sharpening your tools, and you’ll save money in the long run, too.
- Designed and Manufactured 100% in the USA
2. Hardwood Scraper 3/4″
- This negative rake scraper was originally designed to tackle hardwoods when producing musical instruments.
- This tool is equally at home on all types of wood and is as effective on spindle work as it is on bowls – the action of the negative rake on the bevel reducing the risk of grain tear-out and leaving a polished surface that requires little or no sanding
- Made from high speed steel and then properly hardened and tempered. It will keep a sharpened edge about six times longer than carbon steel and resist “blued” softening from overheating during grinding or from heavy turning.
- Comes with hard White Ash handles and solid brass ferrule.
- 10″ handle, 6″ tool, overall length 18″.
3. PSI Woodworking LCSIDE2 Round End Inboard Side Scraper 2pc Chisel Set
- Create a clean, smooth finish with these heavy-duty round end inboard scrapers; Thick, stable blades all you to cut aggressively without vibration
- Blades are made from M2 High Speed Steel
- Larger Scraper: 19″ overall length with 6″ blade and 13″ handle; Blade is 1″ wide and 3/8″ thick
- Smaller Scraper: 16″ overall length with 6″ blade and 10″ handle; Blade is 3/4″ wide and 5/16″ thick
- Designed for blending the parallel side wall and the curved bottom of vessels and boxes together; Ideal for deep hollowing and making final cuts inside bowls; Also excellent for undercutting the rim of small bowls
4. Robert Sorby 8004LH 1-1/2″ Wide x 3/8″ Thick Full Round Scraper Overall Length 21″
- This scraper has a massive blade that is 1-1/2″ wide and 3/8″ thick and is used on bowls and platters to create smooth flowing curves
- Made from hardened and tempered M2 high speed steel that that will keep a sharpened edge about six times longer than carbon steel and will resist “blued” softening from overheating during grinding or heavy use
- Comes with hard White Ash handle and solid brass ferrule
- Handle is 14 inches long, tool is 7 inches in length
- Overall length is 21 inches
5. Hurricane Turning Tools, HTT-121, High Speed Steel, 1 1/2″ Left Side Curved Scraper for Woodturning
- Tool Width: 1 1/2″ | Thickness: 3/8″
- Tool Length: 7″ | Handle Length: 16″ | Overall Length: 23″
- Made from High Speed Steel with solid beech handle
- Used to cut wood at a blunt angle. Scrapers will not produce a finish that is as good as a gouge, but are useful in many situations where cutting with a gouge would be difficult or a fine finish is not required.
- Available separately or in sets
6. 3/4″ Robert Sorby #828 Curved Scraper Blade
- Robert Sorby Modular Micro 3/8 inch Boring Tool, HSS blade, Unhandled.
- Robert Sorby Modular Micro tools were designed following the success of the full-size Sovereign System. These miniature versions are scaled down version of poplar full-size tools and fit into knurled, anodized aluminum handles offered in 2 sizes, 5-3/4 inch and 7-3/4 inch.
- Modular micro tools come in 18 different versions to address the full spectrum of micro turning. Multiple prearranged set are also available
- All tool blades are made from Sorby’s signature High Speed Steel (HSS). This HSS tool will keep a sharpened edge about six times longer than carbon steel and resist “blued” softening from overheating during grinding or from heavy use.
- The unique sizes and proﬁles of these micro modular tools have been adapted to provide the ﬂexibility and control essential for fine, detail work. These tools are ideal for working on smaller projects and on smaller lathes.
7. Simple Woodturning Tools Acrylic/Resin Set of 2 Carbide Tools for Turning Acrylic/Resin/Hybrid on a Wood Lathe – USA Made, 9″ Tools, 12″ Colored Ha
- Carbide Tipped, Mid-Size, 2 Tool Set for Turning Acrylic, Resin, or Wood/Resin Hybrid pieces on a wood lathe. The goal was to create tools that could be used to turn any of the man-made materials we could find, while giving the turner as much creative artistic ability as possible. A one size fits all approach did not produce the desired results across all the different materials available, including hybrid pieces.
- AR MSTH: 1/2″ round solid stainless steel tool shaft with 12mm round flat top carbide cutter. Ideal for beginners just getting into turning resins/acrylic pieces. Tool length is 7″ with a 12″ handle.
- AR MSR: 3/8″ square stainless steel tool shaft with 11mm square carbide cutter with negative rake angle. Ideal for roughing and making straight lines and flat surfaces. Tool Length is 7″, with a 12″ handle.
- American Made by Harrison Specialties in Ramsey, Minnesota. CNC precision machined tools and handles give you professional tools to last a lifetime. Rotate the cutter heads as needed, and keep on turning.
8. Woodcut Tools Bowlsaver Complete System with Two Blades for Coring Bowl Blanks 3″ to 12″ on Woodturning Lathe BSVR
9. Easy Wood Tools Pro Easy Finisher (3400) Woodturning Tool Scraper Tool Chisel with Replaceable Carbide Cutter
- Ergonomic 20″ American Hickory Handle / Tool Bar: 1/2″ x 8.5″ / Overall length 28.5″ / Max Reach: 4″. Comes mounted with Ci0 Carbide Cutter and hex key.
- Optional carbide cutter sold separately is the Ci0-NR Patented Negative Rake Carbide Cutter. These cutters are designed to turn Resins and Acrylics without chipping, flaking and catches. Also works very well on Extreme Hardwoods, leaving a smoother finish which equates to less sanding!
- NEVER RESHARPEN YOUR WOODTURNING TOOLS AGAIN! Lower cost of ownership: All you need is a lathe and an Easy Wood Tools turning tool and you can start making. You don’t need to buy a grinding kit or sharpening system or multiple tools to achieve your desired result.
- Easy Wood Tools Pro-Size Tools are the largest we offer and should match up to any project you throw at it.
- Designed and Manufactured 100% in the USA
10. 1″ Robert Sorby #820H Round Nose Scraper
- Round Nose Scraper
- Size: 1” – 25mm
There is a myriad of online stores out there, and it is impossible for one to compare the different negative rake scraper as well as their prices since not all websites offer them. Online shoppers often turn to reviews and customer feedback for help, but even these are unreliable sources. Sometimes people post negative reviews just to be spiteful or angry.
The lack of insightful information online forces shoppers to rely on the information they find elsewhere, but this can lead to misinformation and incorrect purchase decisions.
Consumers can save themselves from these potential risks by turning to an AI-powered shopping assistant that provides tailored product suggestions based on their preferences.
But Amazon made the whole process easy and effortless.
Why You Trust Amazon?
As they grow increasingly popular, there are some challenges that people face when they try to purchase something on the internet. There are many reasons why people might not trust Amazon as much anymore:
- They worry about their personal information being stolen;
- They question the reliability of the website;
- Its security features and whether or not their credit card details will be safe
- The quality of products sold by third parties might not be as good
- There’s no instant gratification with online purchases;