Disclaimer: We are using Amazon affiliate Product Advertising API. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The best way to find the best obd2 dongle is by taking a look at what other people are buying and which brands they prefer. You can also take a look at the reviews and ratings of the product.
The following table provides concise information about how to pick a product from online:
- Consider what you want
- Find out what other people are buying
- Look at reviews and ratings
- Compare prices
- Beware of scams
Top 10 best obd2 dongle Features Overview
Here are the of top 10 obd2 dongle we picked and recommend.
1. OBDLink MX+ OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner for iPhone, Android, and Windows
- Turn your iPhone, Android device, or Windows PC into a professional-grade diagnostic scan tool
- Recommended adapter for FORScan, Torque, BimmerCode, Dashcommand, AlfaOBD, Carista and many more
- Enhanced OEM support for Ford, GM, Mazda, Nissan/Infinity, Toyota/Lexus/Scion, Honda, Hyundai, Kia
- Clear Check Engine Light and get more live parameters (ABS, SRS, TPMS, etc) than any other scanner
- Over-voltage and battery drain protection, firmware updates
2. Bafx Products – For Android Only – Wireless Bluetooth Obd2 Scanner Diagnostic Code Reader & Scan Tool – Scan, Reset & Clear Car Check Engine Light
- NOT COMPATIBLE WITH iOS DEVICES – (iPhones, iPads etc); OUR BLUETOOTH OBD2 scanner IS ONLY COMPATIBLE WITH ANDROID OR WINDOWS DEVICES; For iOS devices, see our WiFi OBD Reader
- READ & RESET – Our OBD2 diagnostic scanner tool will work on all cars purchased in the USA model year 1996 or newer; Unlike other OBD2 scanners, ours works on ALL OBD2 protocols including J1850 and CAN; With our scan tool you can read & reset the check engine light on your car with ease
- REAL TIME – Monitor the diagnostic sensors in your vehicle in real time for things like O2 data, fuel pressure, EVAP system & more; Car reporting an EVAP code? Check your O2 readings to see which sensor is faulty and get it fixed; React quickly to problems like a professional mechanic
- HUGE APP SELECTION – 3rd party app must be downloaded to use; Choose from many OBDII apps such as Torque Pro, Piston, Dash Command, OBD Fusion & more; Some OBDII readers limit you in which apps you can use, not BAFX Products; Choose an app at a price that meets your needs
- This OBD2 scanner does not read ABS, SRS, TPMS or Oil Change lights; WARRANTY – 2 Year manufacturer warranty with USA based friendly support staff; Don’t be left stranded by support
3. Veepeak Mini WiFi OBD2 Scanner for iOS and Android, Car OBD II Check Engine Light Diagnostic Code Reader Scan Tool Supports Torque Pro, OBD Fusion,
- Find out why the check engine light is on by yourself! Read and clear diagnostic trouble codes (both generic and manufacturer specific), view freeze frame data, reset the Check Engine Light and view real-time sensor readings using your phone or tablet and an OBD2 App.
- Access a whole new world of information about your vehicle directly on your phone or tablet. View car performance, sensor data (Engine coolant & oil temperature, O2 Readings, Mass air flow, Fuel Trim, etc.), prepare smog test, monitor fuel economy, create your own dashboard, log your trips, and more to discover.
- Works with cars, SUVs and light trucks made since year 1996 in the United States (all brands). Vehicles in other countries or regions that are OBD II/ EOBD compliant are also supported. Supports the five OBD-II protocols: CAN, KWP2000, ISO9141-2, J1850 VPW and J1850 PWM.
- A third party App is required (some may require separate purchase). VARIOUS APPS AVAILABLE! Supports OBD Fusion, Car Scanner, FourStroke, DashCommand, etc for iOS and Torque Pro, Car Scanner for Android.
- Compatible with iOS (iPhone and iPad) & Android devices via its own using WiFi (does NOT use Bluetooth). One-year replacement warranty against defect.
4. BlueDriver Bluetooth Pro OBDII Scan Tool for iPhone & Android
- More Codes: To understand the problem with your vehicle you need the complete picture. With an up-to-date modern scan tool, you scan deeper to read, understand, and clear more codes. Access information normally only available to professional mechanics on their most expensive scan tools.
- Real Fixes: Get unlimited vehicle specific Repair Reports, generated from our database of millions of fixes verified by Professional Automotive Technicians. Save time and money.
- No Cords: All the capabilities of an expensive scan tool (extended vehicle coverage, live data, etc.) combined with the power and convenience of your smartphone or tablet. No cords, no subscriptions, and regular free updates.
- Live Data: View live data and monitor your vehicle’s health in real time. Configure the data sources, customize your view with various displays and colours, and log and export live data as a file.
- BlueDriver is proudly American owned and is the OBD2 Diagnostic Scan Tool trusted by professional mechanics and developed and supported by Professional Engineers.
5. Veepeak OBDCheck BLE+ Bluetooth 4.0 OBD2 Scanner for iOS & Android, Car Diagnostic Code Reader Scan Tool for Universal OBDII/EOBD Vehicles
- CHECK ENGINE YOURSELF – Read engine diagnostic trouble codes, reset Check Engine Light, view I/M readiness for SMOG check and real-time sensor readings (O2 Readings, EOT, EGT, Throttle, Boost, Speed, Fuel Trim, etc.) using your phone or tablet.
- DO MORE – With extensive third-party OBD2 Apps available on App Store and Google Play, you can get advanced features like enhanced diagnostics and PIDs on selected vehicles, examine the battery in hybrid & electric vehicles, customize and service selected vehicles, etc.
- WORKS WITH IOS & ANDROID – Latest model with support for more AT commands (requires app support), optimized firmware and reduced power consumption. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and Android phones and tablets via dual mode Bluetooth 4.0 (Classic + LE).
- UNIVERSAL VEHICLE COMPATIBILITY – Works with all OBD2 / EOBD compliant cars and light trucks (in the United States, vehicles since year 1996 are supported, no brand limitation). Supports all five OBD-II protocols: CAN, KWP2000, ISO9141-2, J1850 VPW and J1850 PWM.
- Easy to plug in & unplug, and won’t obstruct legroom. NOTE: a third party App/software required to achieve all the functions (some may require separate purchase). Comes with mini carrying case. Perfect tool for car owners to check their cars at home or on the go.
6. OBD2 Adapter FORSCan VINT-TT55502 ELMconfig ELM327 modified For all Windows compatible with Ford Cars F150 F250 and Light Pickup Truck Scan Tool, C
- It is one of favorite tools and accessories sought by F-ord owners. It has been flawless in scanning, programming and hiding modules for models like Ford F150, F250, F350, F450, Ranger, S-Max, C-Max, Transit, Mondeo, Fusion, Kuga, Mustang, Explorer, Edge and other cars and light pickup F-ord trucks— all from year 1996 and newer makes.
- The MS-CAN & HS-CAN toggle switch will help you conveniently access, diagnose and configure the as-built data of your vehicle. This switch has been improved to smoothly access and communicate with the existing modules in your vehicle.
- Discover endless Mods with FORscan and apply them to your vehicle.You can access the Global Window feature, Bambi Mod, reverse tilt mirrors, tire size correction, Perpendicular Park, Secure Idle, 5 turn signal flash, heated steering wheel, disabled double horn honk, disabled door ajar chime, and many more! Other supported softwares are FoCCCus, ELMconfig and FF2.
- This interface runs at a constant speed of 500kbit/s. Hook up it to your car, connect to internet, update drivers, access your chosen ELM327-based software, and begin the vehicle diagnostics.
7. Veepeak Mini Bluetooth OBD2 Scanner for Android, Car OBD II Diagnostic Scan Tool Check Engine Light Code Reader, Supports Torque Pro, OBD Fusion, D
- NOT COMPATIBLE WITH IOS DEVICES (iPhone or iPad)! Works with Android devices and Windows PC only. For iOS, please see the WiFi version or OBDCheck BLE. Very useful gadget for car owners to diagnose check engine light and monitor car sensors.
- Save time and money by finding out why the check engine light is on and fixing simple car problems by yourself! Read engine diagnostic trouble codes, reset check engine light, and check if your vehicle is ready for SMOG inspection.
- Access a whole new world of information about your vehicle directly on your phone, tablet or PC. View car performance, sensor data (Engine coolant & oil temperature, O2 Readings, Mass air flow, Fuel Trim, etc.), monitor fuel economy, create your own dashboard, and more to discover.
- A third-party OBD2 App is required such as Torque Pro, OBD Fusion, Car Scanner ELM OBD2, Dr. Prius and DashCommand. Turn your phone or tablet into a sophisticated diagnostic scan tool.
- Compatible with cars and light trucks since year 1996 in the United States (domestic and imported, including 12V pickup trucks, and hybrid & electric vehicles such as Toyota Prius, Nissan Leaf, Chevy Bolt, Kia Niro etc). One-year replacement warranty.
8. OBDLink LX OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner for Android and Windows
- HIGH SPEED SCAN TOOL: Transform your Windows PC, laptop, or phone into a super-fast, accurate automotive diagnostic device (not compatible with Apple iOS devices)
- WIRELESS DIAGNOSTIC DEVICE: Bluetooth scan tool is easy to install, safe to leave plugged in without draining your car’s battery, and features hackerproof wireless security
- FREE ANDROID APP & WINDOWS SOFTWARE: Includes OBDLink app for Android and OBDwiz for Windows, and is compatible with 3rd party apps such as Torque and DashCommand
- MAXIMUM VEHICLE COVERAGE: Works on more vehicles than any scan tool on the market including all 1996+ cars and light trucks sold in the United States (except hybrid or electric vehicles)
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: Your ScanTool is supplied with a 90-day money back guarantee if you are unsatisfied for any reason, along with a 3-year repair or replace manufacturer warranty
9. Veepeak OBDCheck BLE OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner Auto OBD II Diagnostic Scan Tool for iOS & Android, Bluetooth 4.0 Car Check Engine Light Code Reader Su
- Bluetooth OBD2 adapter with support for extensive third-party apps (such as OBD Fusion, Torque Pro and Car Scanner) can turn your iPhone, iPad or Android phone/tablet into a sophisticated car scan tool.
- Read diagnostic trouble codes and freeze frame data, reset check engine light, prepare smog test, view real-time sensor readings, create customized dashboard and estimate fuel economy.
- Works with OBD2 / EOBD compliant cars and light trucks (year 1996 or newer in the US, including pickup trucks, hybrid and many electric vehicles; may require special apps).
- Compatible with iOS (no Bluetooth pairing needed; connect in the app) & Android devices (head units not recommended). Easy to plug in and unplug. No complex settings or tricky connections plus much lower power consumption compared to WiFi, and it does not block internet access for other apps.
- A third-party App is required (check recommendations in the description below, some may require separate purchase). Comes with one-year replacement warranty.
10. Mestart Enhanced Version Bluetooth OBDII OBD2 Car Scanner Auto Diagnostic Tool for Android Devices
- Any question, please email us, we will reply within 24 hours. We provide 3 months quality guarantee, and we will give you a refund or send you a replacement if you are not satisfied with our product. (please click our store address “MESatr outdoor” on the product page and then click “Ask a question”, then you can contact us by e-mail.)
- The device works on OBD2 gasoline cars (1998 and newer cars in the USA), and EOBD cars (cars from Europe, gasoline cars from 2001). Bluetooth connection, no Batteries, Cables, or Switches. – Wireless (Bluetooth) 5 ~ 10 meters.e works on all OBD2 gasoline cars (1998 and newer cars in the USA) and EOBD cars (cars from Europe, gasoline from 2001 from 2003/2004).
- Notice: 1.NOT for iOS ! For iPhone & iPad, please choose “WiFi for iOS and Android”. 2. NOT for Diesel vehicles. 3. For your vehicle to be OBD II compliant it must have a 16-pin DLC (Data Link Connector) under the dash and the Vehicle Emission Control Information Label must state that the vehicle is OBD II compliant.
- Suitable for system: mainly used with Android system phones, also supports Symbian system phones, Windows system PCs and laptops. Compatible App: Recommended Apps are Torque Pro, Torque Lite (free), OBD Car Doctor (free), etc. on Google Play. Work with Android cellphone and tablet. Or There are various Apps and installation instructions provided on the CD. But Partial Apps need to be charged. You can run the CD to select the appropriate App.
- How to use: Plug the device in your car’s OBD2 port, start the car, enable Bluetooth on your Android phone or tablet, search for “OBDII” and pair with it (pin 1234), run the downloaded App with simple settings and wait until it connects your car’s ECU successfully. If you use the same OBD on 2 or more cars, you need to disconnect Bluetooth and close App when finish testing one car, and re-match the Bluetooth when you insert the OBD into another car.
There is a myriad of online stores out there, and it is impossible for one to compare the different obd2 dongle as well as their prices since not all websites offer them. Online shoppers often turn to reviews and customer feedback for help, but even these are unreliable sources. Sometimes people post negative reviews just to be spiteful or angry.
The lack of insightful information online forces shoppers to rely on the information they find elsewhere, but this can lead to misinformation and incorrect purchase decisions.
Consumers can save themselves from these potential risks by turning to an AI-powered shopping assistant that provides tailored product suggestions based on their preferences.
But Amazon made the whole process easy and effortless.
Why You Trust Amazon?
As they grow increasingly popular, there are some challenges that people face when they try to purchase something on the internet. There are many reasons why people might not trust Amazon as much anymore:
- They worry about their personal information being stolen;
- They question the reliability of the website;
- Its security features and whether or not their credit card details will be safe
- The quality of products sold by third parties might not be as good
- There’s no instant gratification with online purchases;